Full-featured software for the Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Printer Series includes everything you need to set up and use your Canon printer
In addition to its fast print speeds (up to 10 color and 15 monochrome pages per minute), this multifunction printer also lets you easily edit and enhance photographs with Auto Photo Fix II, which includes the ability to fix common problems like red-eye. Use My Image Garden to arrange your pictures in chronological order. You may also sort your pictures by the people in them if you enable face recognition. Apply creative filters to your photographs before having them printed.
Using the PIXMA Printing Solutions App on an Android smartphone or other mobile platform, you can print almost anywhere. Moreover, it is an all-in-one printer, capable of producing excellent print quality, as well as rapid speeds for copying and scanning. Print resolution is maximized at up to 9600 x 2400 dpi on this system (dpi). There has a speed of 15.0 ipm (images per minute) for printing monochrome documents.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Printer
Driver For Window
Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10 (32bit), Windows 10 (64bit), Windows 8.1(32bit), Windows 8.1(64bit), Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit), Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit).
Full Driver & Software Package
Driver For Mac
Supported OS: macOS 12, macOS 11, macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS v10.12.1, OS X v10.11, OS X v10.10, OS X v10.9, OS X v10.8.5, OS X v10.7.5
Full Driver & Software Package
CUPS Printer Driver
Supported OS: Linux Ubuntu 13.04(32bit/64bit)
IJ Printer Driver
Specifications PIXMA MG7160
The MG7160 is so well-guided during setup that you’ll even get an on-screen warning if you forget to remove the orange tape before printing. Six separate ink cartridges must be installed, paper calibration must be performed, and a firmware update must be applied before our test printers were ready to print.
We used a USB connection to evaluate print speeds because, although it’s less convenient than Wi-Fi (which we tested for convenience), it also minimizes network overhead that might affect print rates.
more article Canon PIXMA MG7130 Driver & Software
The MG7160 was unable to meet Canon’s aim of 20 pages per minute when printing at full black coverage, managing just 13 on average. Additionally, color printing speeds are often approximately 7 pages per minute slower than expected. When compared to the promises made by the manufacturer, that is still an improvement over many other inkjets.
In contrast, Canon suggests a print speed of roughly 21 seconds for 4×6-inch picture prints, which it cannot match. In our experiments, we were unable to come anything near that time, and picture prints frequently took about 45 seconds. The high quality of the photos in every print is a definite plus, Canon website.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Setup and Windows Setup Guide
- To install the driver, open the folder containing it and run the.exe file.
- It’s time to begin setting things up.
- Get the printer ready to go and hooked up to the computer before installing the driver.
- Click Next on the installation window that appears.
- Pick your current location, and then proceed.
- Make your choice at Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Pick the one that works best for you right now.
- Your computer will actively seek the printer. When located, it will install all prerequisites on your machine.
- Thereafter, the Setup Completed window will show up. Choose “Finished” from the list of options.
- Feel free to try out the printer. Once the paper has loaded, click the Execute button.
- A second way to bypass this step is to click Next instead of Execute.
- A final window will appear to confirm that the installation was completed successfully. Use the Exit button to dismiss the alert.
- The files you need to print can now be sent to the Canon PIXMA MG7160.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Setup and Mac Setup Guide
- Please run the driver installation file on your Mac.
- When the confirmation window appears, click the Open button.
- A window labeled “Setup” will now appear.
- After entering your Apple ID password, the setup wizard will prompt you to click Next and begin the installation process.
- Selecting Next will begin the installation process.
- Choose your preferred way of connection, and then press the Next button.
- Your Mac will actively seek out the Canon PIXMA MG7160 printer from now on. When something is located, proceed by clicking the next button.
- After selecting your home, click the Select All button to begin installing the printer driver and software.
- Check out the on-screen prompts for “Create an Alias and License Agreement. The system will automatically deploy the setup file.
- To run a test on the printer, just go to the File menu and pick Execute. If you want to proceed, press the Next button.
- To close the alert window, select Close. After some initial setup, the printers should now print properly,